Why to play
Gemix is a colourful video slot displayed on a grid, with a special cascading feature. The atmosphere is playful and the cascading effect provides a whole new take on constructing the winning combinations. In addition, the Crystal Charge triggers varying effects to further excite the game.
How to play
Gemix is played on a 7×7 grid. Symbols drop down in the grid to form winning combinations. Wins are achieved by getting five or more symbols in a connected cluster where they touch each other horizontally or vertically. Winning symbols are removed and new symbols drop in to fill up the grid. The cascading continues until no new winning combinations can be created.
All wins contribute to increasing a Crystal Charge meter. When it is fully charged and there are no more cascades, the Crystal Charge effect is activated, triggering one of the following effects:
- Chain Lightning: two, opposite corner symbols shoot out an electrical arc hitting symbols. These symbols are transformed into one of the corner symbols.
- Light Beam: light rays shoot out vertically and horizontally from a symbol on the grid. All symbols in the affected column and row are transformed to other symbols.
- Crystal Warp: a symbol is selected on the grid. That symbol and all matching symbols are warped to other symbols.
- Nova Blast: one symbol on the grid explodes. Adjacent symbols are removed from the game. The explosion then retracts and creates a core of same symbols.
The game continues normally, allowing the Crystal Charge meter to re-charge. When fully charged, winning on additional symbols enables Super Charging. If you manage to fully super charge the Crystal Charge meter before more cascades, all your achieved wins are multiplied by three! Super Charge feature can only be triggered once per game round.
Gemix includes different worlds. Each is assigned three different patterns that can be seen on the board on the right side of the screen. To clear a pattern you have to achieve wins on the indicated grid positions. Clearing activates the next pattern. If you clear three patterns in a world, you reach the next world and are awarded the World Bonus. The World Bonus is increased with any win during a game round.
Each world has a unique Wild symbol that substitutes for any other symbol.
- Miner’s World: Wild symbols drop down from the top and land on different positions in the grid. Up to 10 Wild symbols can appear.
- Princess’ World: an edge symbol is turned into a Wild, which then spreads to adjacent symbols until it reaches one of the edge symbols of the grid.
- Wizard’s World: up to eight Sticky Wild symbols can appear on the grid. They do not drop down or get removed when part of any winning combination. They stay for one game round or until Crystal Charge is triggered.
Gemix is definitely not lacking in special qualities with its Wilds, Sticky Wilds, Crystal and Super Charge features with varying effects, the different worlds and sought patterns. What makes a nice change, too, is the use of a grid with the avalanche effect as a game base, instead of the usual spinning reels.
No casinos found